Frequently Asked Questions
Why have your wedding gown designed and made by a dressmaker?
Individuality: Working with a designer and dressmaker to create your bespoke wedding gown allows you to express your individuality on your special day.
Style: The design process is essentially about your personal style. Images sourced by you, will enable us to visualise and create an exclusive design.
Comfort and fit: A good designer and dressmaker will tailor the gown to complement your figure and express you.
Experience: Shouldn't your wedding gown contribute to the unforgettable experience that is your wedding day?
Support local business.
How do I determine whether a dressmaker meets my needs?
Visit www.classiccouture.com.au to view examples of my work and learn about my experience.
How much time do you need to order a bespoke gown?
The design and fabrication of a wedding gown takes between six and nine months. This is determined by the complexity of the gown, sourcing the materials and the dressmaker's schedule. Working with fabrics that need to be draped and sculpted, embellishing trims and applying intricate beading is time consuming. Time is allocated for regular a regular fittings, which allows you to interact with the dressmaker during the tailoring process.
How do I make an appointment?
Contact www.classiccouture.com.au to schedule the initial one-hour consultation. All additional appointments are one hour in duration.
What should I bring to the appointment?
Images of designs that appeal to you, (and potentially) samples and accessories that you ARE INTENDING TO wear on THE DAY of your wedding.
Who should I bring to my appointment?
A MAXIMUM OF TWO adults may accompany you to the appointment.
What will be the cost of the gown?
As your gown is bespoke, elements such as the design, fabrics, labour costs, number of fittings and travel will be factored into the final cost of the garment
Do I pay a deposit?
A non-refundable 50% DEPOSIT of the cost of the gown IS TO BE PAID following the initial consultation.
When do I pay the deposit?
Once the design and details of your bespoke gown have been confirmed, and you wish to proceed. A PURCHASE ORDER including the Term and Conditions will be signed by both parties. UPON RECEIPT OF THE DEPOSIT, you will be contacted to arrange your measurement and fitting appointments.
What do I bring to my fittings?
The shoes and underwear you intend wearing on your wedding day must be worn to each fitting to ensure consistency.
How many fittings do I need to attend?
Generally four to five.
When does the final fitting take place?
Generally two weeks prior to the wedding.
What if my weight changes and I need further adjustments?
Should yourweight change once the PURCHASE ORDER has been signed, it is your responsibility to inform the dressmaker. Altering the gown beyond one dress size; five centimetres, could adversely affect the style and fitof the gown.
When do I pay the balance?
The balance is to be paid at the final fitting. Upon receipt of payment, you will be asked to collect your wedding gown.
Terms & Conditions
Images of your design, the description and total price of your wedding gown will be displayed on your PURCHASE ORDER.
The Order is co-signed and dated by you and your designer/dressmaker.
Terms and Conditions are attached to your PURCHASE ORDER It is advised you read the Terms and Conditions and fully understand them prior to signing.
Please retain your PURCHASE ORDER.
Your wedding gown is tailor made to your measurements as set out in the “Measurement Form”. You will be required to co-sign and date the “Measurement Form”.
If between the Measurement appointment and collection date, your measurements as set out on the “Measurement Form” change by more than one dress size (equivalent to two inches/five centimetres), we will not be responsible for these major alterations.
Minor alterations can be accommodated at an extra cost, but a complete change of gown size could mean a new gown is required.
- On the date you place and sign your PURCHASE ORDER, you are required to pay a NON REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT amounting to 50% of the total price of the wedding gown, as outlined on your PURCHASE ORDER.
- Upon receipt of the deposit, we arrange an appointment date for your measurements.
- We refuse to make any changes to your wedding gown’s design, fabrics and embellishments once the Order is placed and signed.
- The BALANCE of the total price is required within one working day of your final fitting.
- Once payment has been received in our bank account, your wedding gown is available for collection.
- There are NO refunds on your tailor made gown as the item was designed and made specifically for you.
- We are not responsible for changes in your circumstances. The ORDER will still be have to be paid in full.
- Nor are we responsible for any issues or damage caused to the gown once it has left the studio.
- You will be advised on care and maintenance of your gown at the time of its completion.
- We request that only those necessary for fittings attend with you at the studio.
- It is also requested that no children visit the studio. This is for safety reasons.
- We cannot allow food, drinks or smoking in the studio.
- It is essential that all jewellery is removed before your fittings.
- It is imperative that you bring the shoes and undergarments that you will be wearing on your wedding day to ensure accurate fittings.
- If you need to reschedule an appointment date and time, you are required to give one full day’s notice.
- If you do not notify, or attend your appointments, you will incur and extra fifty five dollars to your initial price for each appointment missed, to compensate us for any inconvenience.
We will only use the information you provide about yourself for the purpose of fulfilling your order.
We reserve the right to publish images of your gown to complement our portfolio and enhance our social media pages. There will be no publication until after your wedding.
If you communicate openly and honestly throughout the entire process, you are sure to receive the best possible results.